Thursday, January 7, 2010

Siggy Block Swap

I feel so lucky to have gotten into the Siggy Block Swap today.
I was on my way home today.. driving down the road when I got a txt message from my sewing buddy - she told me that Rachel over at p.s. i quilt had opened up the siggy block swap. And she said "Hurry.. or you'll miss it"

So I pulled the car over.. and quickly sent Rachel an email letting her know I wanted in! And within seconds Rachel replied that I made it.. barely! Shew.. I was so relieved!

I can't wait to make my blocks - there are 100 people from all over the world in the swap. So that means that I need to make 101 blocks - each with my signature (siggy). Then we will send them all to Rachel and she will send a set back to everyone in the swap.

I will then make a quilt with 100 blocks.. one siggy block from each person.. how cool is that?!!!!

Now I just need to decide on a fabric.. hmm.. any ideas? We need to select a modern fabric.. and there are so many beautiful ones to select from. My mind is spinning with all the possible options! I think I'm a little high on fabric!

Thank you Rachel!
p.s. I will be posting a tutorial this weekend for the Goofy Dolls. I had meant to do it earlier in the week, but I'm having a minor 'procedure' tomorrow and between Dr visits.. lab work.. and keeping my house-hold from falling apart - I haven't had time to post it. I will do it this weekend for sure! I promise!
Pin It

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

i still dont know what made me look at her blog today either...talk about a sign from above. im SOO excited. when i come see you lets hunt down our fabrics!!! cant wait for your goofy tut!

Patty said...

Unfortunately I missed the sign up. I had to work and they block all social networks. Oh well... Have fun.

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah...I got in too. Guess it filled in two hours. Amazing!!! Glad that you are in too.

Ann said...

Hi Heidi,

Just popped in to seay hello and that I am happy to be in this swap together with you!

Best wishes
Ann from Denmark

rachel griffith said...

you pulled over on the side of the road just to sign up?!?!
hahahahaha.

glad you're in.
even if it was barely.
:)

Poppyprint said...

That will be super fun! Polka dots are always popular...

altar ego said...

OMG, the swap sounds so fabulous! I don't suppose a second one could get set up for all us latecomers?