Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Survived...

Well, I survived 2 things that I was a little scared of this weekend.

First was my 10yr olds Birthday sleepover with all boys! (I wasn't really scared but you just never know). They had planned to "pull an all nighter" (that was their words.. not mine).

Here he is with his cake.. he's so darn cute!!

First we took them all for pizza and bowling - we had a great time. The 4 boys had their own lane and my husband, me and our 5 yr old had the other lane. My 5 yr old actually beat me by 10 points in our 2nd game. And boy is he a gloater.. "VICTORY IS MINE" he kept saying over and over.

When we got home, we had cake and then they were off to play Wii and other computer stuff. They made it til 2am!! I only made it til 11pm. I woke back up at 1:00 and listened to them in the playroom giggle.. and jump around playing Wii. At 2:00 I had to go 'shut it down'.

Here is a picture of them together. I am so happy with this group of friends. They are all really good boys and they have awesome parents. I feel a sense of relief knowing that these are the boys my son plays with at school everyday.

And the 2nd thing I survived - my first 'hand' binding.

I quilted and did the binding on this halloween quilt Saturday. I had tried to do hand binding before and always got frustrated and gave up. I finally figured out why... I'm LEFT HANDED!! I kept trying to do it backwards. (same thing happened when I tried to learn to crochet)

Our resident black cat.. Molly. It wouldn't be a halloween quilt without a black cat.
So after dinner and a trip to the park, we put in a movie and while my family watched - I stitched. I now know why they sell those little rubber finger tips at the register at all quilt stores. lol.
Pin It

3 comments:

Angie said...

My daughter beat both my husband and I bowling at age 3! (the bumpers helped)

When I first started quilting, I would hand sew the binding on both sides. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to machine sew on one side and then flip it to the other side! One of the downsides of being self taught, I guess.

Krystal said...

Is Molly a real black cat? We have a black one too! The kids in our neighborhood think Im a witch, I so dont even look like one either, but the cat freaks them out a bit!

But I have a question for you...

Do you make quilts for other people? I have all the clothes for my boys first year that I would like to have made into a quilt, but I dont know how to even sew.

If you do, how much do you charge?

Krystal

(P.S. Im Lisa Wicks niece in law)

Dorrie said...

Heidi~how fun for your son, it is nice when you feel comfortable with your kids' friends. Nice binding~good job! I'm a lefty too, so I feel your pain, everything is just backward. . .the things we must endure! Have a good week!