Friday, July 17, 2009

Super cute basket.. Oh the possibilities

Last night I was feeling lazy even though I had so much to get done. I told myself that I would go into my sewing room and just cut out the fabrics for this super cute basket.. then I could go to bed. I love to get up early and sew in the morning when the house is quiet.. just me, the dog and a cup of coffee.

Well, like many other things.. once I started, I couldn't stop.

This basket was so easy to make. The lining gave me a little trouble - I had to adjust it a few times to get it right. But the rest was so simple.

I found this tutorial online a few months back. And since my neice is coming to hang out with her cousins this summer - I thought we would make her a basket of goodies. We are going to get her some cute tanks, some hair clips.. maybe some shower gel and lotions.. and have it waiting for her when she arrives next Saturday.

She's 16 and we are going to make some fun projects together while she is here. She is going to make some things for her new little nephew that was born in May. It will be fun for me to have a girl in the house to share things with for once. And it also gives my sister, Carmen, a break from having a teenage girl to watch like a hawk.

aahhh.. to be 16 again.. good times..

Anyway.. back to the basket. After I made it - I fell in love with it. I'm going to make one for my bathroom in some browns/cream colors.

But wouldn't this be cute in some fun baby/kid fabrics. You could fill it with rolled up burp cloths for the baby.

Or you could keep your current knitting project in there. Or a spa basket for some deserving Mom's b'day.. filled with soft slippers.. body scrub.. eye mask.. etc.

Any other ideas? Pin It

1 comments:

Krystal said...

You are so crafty